Monday 1 October 2018

Well.....here goes (My IVF/Fertility (Infertility) Journey - Part 1)

Two hearts
If you asked me to write this blog even 5 years ago I don’t think I would have had the strength to relive this part of my life, as certain elements were still very raw to me.  Even when looking back over hospital notes to write this, I can feel the tears welling up… but I feel that I am in a happy place in my life right now to share my journey, in the hope that it inspires others to have hope. I’m 39 now and my fertility/IVF journey started when I was 25.

This is my first blog and I don’t really know where to start, so I will start at the beginning.  Please bear with me and continue along with my posts, as I tell you my story.

When I was younger I always wanted to be married and have kids and thought 25 would be a good age to do this….thinking boom it would happen!!  Eh not for me sadly.  I had already been with my husband for 6 years and thought that when I came off the pill a baby would just happen, but as soon as I did I discovered there was a problem.  I wasn’t having a cycle every month, so therefore I knew I wasn’t ovulating.  When the 6 month mark had passed and still nothing, I decided to go to the doctors, as I knew this wasn’t normal.  That’s when the tests started….

Polycystic Ovaries and Endometriosis


Question MarkAfter what seemed like forever (well it is forever when you are trying to have a baby….every month drags by, as the thing you want most in life just doesn’t seem to be happening), I was sent for a Laparoscopy and Dye at hospital under general anaesthetic and this is when it was discovered that I had polycystic ovaries and endometriosis….which is not the greatest news to receive when you are trying to fall pregnant.  I can remember thinking, why me??

 This is when my fertility treatment journey started……please stay tuned for blog 2.

1 comment:

  1. PCOD & Endometriosis both can be causing issue in your pregnancy or conceiving. Endometriosis can cause infertility in several ways. Doctor can diagnosis this problem in Laparoscopy Procedure. A Person should meet a good gynecologist for such problems in India.

    ReplyDelete